There are lots of ways to support our charity. Income raised from our café, retail and Discovery Experience all help to support our charitable activities, but we rely on additional fundraising so that we can plan, develop and deliver our important conservation activities, science communications and marine learning programmes.
Every little thing you do really does count. For example:
- £20 could help us inspire children to develop a life-long love of nature by funding science and learning resources.
- £50 could help us bring the wonder of our seas into Scottish classrooms by funding our marine loan boxes. Loan boxes are shared for free with schools around the country.
- £100 could help us conserve our fragile coastal habitats, by funding a volunteer work party. Time volunteering in nature is especially beneficial for vulnerable adults.
- £250 could help us protect critically endangered puffin populations, funding an SOS Puffin mission to clear invasive Tree mallow from local islands in the Firth of Forth. Tree mallow blocks the Puffins' burrows and can have a devastating affect on their breeding.
- £500 could give a group of children their first hands-on experience of our amazing Scottish coastal wildlife, providing a free bus and activity session for 30 children from urban areas.
- £1000 could support our citizen science activities giving people an opportunity to learn more about our marine environment, by contributing data to local or national schemes, and taking part in habitat restoration projects.
As an individual you can support us by:
- Becoming a member or a friend
- Volunteering with us
- Making donations via our JustGiving page
- Using our online shop to buy gifts for your loved ones, like our wonderful wildlife adoptions
- Changing the way you shop, by signing up to easyfundraising you can support our work at no extra cost to yourself whenever you shop online!
- You can even consider remembering us in your will with a legacy.
You might want to try fundraising for us, by doing your own puffin face-painting, gannet fun run or seal swim. Whatever it is, make it fun!
As a company: you can become a corporate member, strategic partner, or project sponsor. You can ask your staff to fundraise for us – we’re always happy to talk through any ideas – or raise awareness of our cause.
Via social media: you can help to raise awareness of our important work via facebook, twitter or instagram.
If you'd like to talk to us about how you could support our work, please don't hesitate to get in touch and email email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!