We have worked with AccessAble to make finding out about our facilities easier before you visit. Surveyors from AccessAble visited our Centre in person and have created this detailed AccessAble Guide.
Plan your visit
Limited mobility/wheelchair users
- Level Access with lift between two floors and ramp at harbour.
- Fully accessible for wheelchair users and wheelchairs are available to borrow. Please let us know in advance of your visit and we will have the wheelchair ready for you. A walking aid is also available.
- Accessible parking is available to Blue Badge holders adjacent to the Centre and in the Seabird Centre car park (this car park is a 5 minute walk from the Centre, see our Plan Your Visit page).
- Accessible toilet facilities are available on the ground floor.
- Drop off points for mini-buses and coaches on Marine Parade.
- We work closely with Beach Wheelchairs for accessible outdoor access (Contact number for booking: 0300 111 2112).
- We are breastfeeding friendly and will help with bottle warming.
- Highchairs available in the cafe.
- Baby changing facilities available in the Accessible toilet.
- We recognise the sunflower lanyard scheme - wearing one when you visit will let our team know that you might need some extra assistance or a little more time.
- We welcome assistance and guide dogs.
- We have a BSL signer in our team, please let us know in advance if you may need support during your visit.
- The Centre can be noisy and busy at times, especially during school holidays. If you are concerned about this please contact us and we can advise or organise quieter times.
- Hearing loop - we need to replace our system and are working towards this.
- Free admission to the Discovery Experience for carers or dedicated blind / hearing assistant, please bring documentation.