We’re delighted to be running 6 holiday clubs in 2022.
Our Education Officer Fran has devised an exciting programme of nature and science-based activities adapted for the different seasons. Our clubs make the most of our incredible location and we will have the children outdoors learning about the local wildlife and habitats as much as we can.
- Seasonal nature and science-based activities, including daily craft sessions.
- Activities will be taking place both outside, subject to weather conditions, and inside in the Learning Hub
- Please ensure all children have suitable warm clothing for outdoor activities and changeable conditions (cold and wet).
- Time for snack, lunch and free play is built into each day.
- Children must come with their own lunches, snacks and drinks.
Age Range: The age range for the club is 5 to 11 years.
Dates: The dates for our 2022 holiday club programme are below. We are delighted at how popular our clubs continue to be, but that means we often have more requests for spaces than we can provide. To help us manage the bookings for these, and to try to give everyone an opportunity to join us, we will open bookings for each session for a week as highlighted below. Once the booking period has closed, we will advise people by the end of the following week, if places have been secured and of our waiting list arrangements.
Summer – 2022
We have 3 weeks of holiday clubs over the summer break, dates are listed below.
· July 4th – 8th
· July 11th – 15th
· July 25th – 29th
Bookings open from Monday 9th May and close at 5pm on Friday 13th May.
Autumn 17- 21st October 2022
Bookings open from Monday 22nd and close at 5pm on Friday 26th August.
Booking & costs
Booking: Please complete this booking form and email to email@example.com. An editable word version can also be provided on request. When Fran contacts you to confirm your booking, she will send a link for online payment (costs detailed below). Please see below for full details of costs.
Cost: is £27:50 per day.
There is a discount for additional siblings:
- Non-members: Full price for first child and additional sibling -10% off total price.
- Scottish Seabird Centre Silver members – 10% off the price for each child in the family.
- Scottish Seabird Centre Gold members – 20% off the price for each child in the family.
Drop off and Pick up
Arrival: Staggered drop off between 09:00 and 9:30am to the Learning Hub (opposite the Scottish Seabird Centre, across the small grassy area and in the summer behind the carousel). Children can leave their bags, coats and boots in the Learning Hub.
Collection: Children can be collected anytime between 3:00 and 3:30pm from the Learning Hub.
Distance aware: Please can adults remain outside of the building and be "distance aware" around visitors or other households. As we approach the summer the drop off / pick up area becomes with visitors to North Berwick.
Terms & conditions
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- No refunds for non-attendance/ illness or any other reason a child is not able to attend.
- Refunds are applicable if cancellation is made 7 days prior to the start of Holiday Club, after this no refunds will be applicable.
- If COVID-19 affects our ability to deliver or your child’s ability to attend, a refund will be considered.
COVID – 19
We’ve made some important changes to how we operate to continue to protect and reassure you during activities. We continue to take our lead from, and follow the advice of, the Scottish Government and Public Health Scotland and will adapt as this changes.
- Cleaning protocols continue to be carried out at regular intervals throughout the day and all equipment will be sanitised between activities.
- Regular handwashing with running water and soap throughout the day. Hand sanitiser is also available at all times.
- Do not attend if your child or anyone in your household has tested positive, or has the symptoms, for COVID-19.
- If your child becomes ill or shows symptoms of COVID-19 whilst on-site, they’ll be isolated, and you will be informed and asked to collect them as soon as possible.
- Please get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our risk assessment and procedures.
Although things may still be a little different, we hope it will be as fun as ever!