Our exclusive Bass Rock landing trips are an unforgettable experience for photographers and wildlife enthusiasts.
For 2020, we are working in partnership with Bluewild to deliver these trips. Accompanied by one of our expert guides, you will travel to, and land on, the Bass Rock, the world's largest colony of Northern gannets and BBC Countryfile Magazine's Nature Reserve of the Year 2014/15 & 2015/16.
Look out for different wildlife throughout the seasons - click HERE for the wildlife calendar with details of what you may see during your boat trip. You might also be lucky enough to see seals and dolphins.
All Bass Landing trips must be booked in advance. Buy your Discovery Experience and boat trip tickets together for a special, discounted price.
*** Please note it is essential we have telephone and email contact details at the time of booking as Bass Rock Landings are subject to weather conditions and can be cancelled at very short notice. ***
For film and media enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trips run Easter to Autumn, weather dependent
- Adult £135 (over 16s only)
- On the island for around 3 hours
- 10% discount for members of the Seabird Centre
A Waiver of Liability MUST be completed and given to your guide on the day. Please click on the link HERE to fill in and print out your waiver. You will not be permitted on board the boat without it.
- Full payment is taken at the time of booking. Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Delta or Switch
- A valid phone number must be supplied at the time the payment is made
- Members receive a 10% discount, which is refunded on the day of your trip upon presentation of a valid membership card
- Please present your confirmation and waiver on arrival - arrive 30 minutes prior to your departure
- You will be with an experienced guide at all times
- The Bass Rock is very exposed and the terrain can be difficult. Suitable clothing must be brought - waterproofs, walking boots, hat, gloves, sunglasses, suncream are all essential
- We will provide a life jacket - no other clothing will be provided
- The difficult nature of landing on the Rock means that only those with good physical mobility and sense of balance may be permitted to travel
- Landing is not always possible due to sea and/ or weather conditions. Changing sea conditions may result in trips being cancelled at short notice
- There are no toilet facilities
Please note that we reserve the right to refuse boarding or landing if our guide and or skipper are concerned about your clothing or level of mobility. This will be assessed at the departure point. We are unable to provide a refund should this situation occur. If you are unsure as to what to wear or your level of mobility, please call our boat office and seek advice before booking. You may wish to consider one of our alternative non-landing trips should you be unable to experience the Bass Rock Landing trip.
Terms and conditions
Please refer to the terms and conditions when booking your trip – when you book, you will be asked to confirm that you have read these.
If you are unable to book online, bookings can be made over the phone.
Safety is our priority and all boat trips are subject to weather, sea conditions and demand (minimum passenger numbers apply). Weather and sea conditions can change quickly and occasional cancellations at short-notice may be required. Trips are not guaranteed but full refunds or alternative dates and times are offered in the event of cancellation for the reasons above.
Please provide a mobile number, at the time of booking, so we can contact you if required. The Scottish Seabird Centre and its partners cannot be held responsible for any of your costs resulting from cancellation, amendment or delay of your trip.
The Scottish Seabird Centre is an independent charity and income from boat trips supports the Centre's conservation and education work.