We're really keen to spread the
word. Join the Seabird conversation.
We have teamed up with some amazing partners for a very special competition.
We want to find a rising star with a passion for nature - an up-and-coming David Attenborough!
Professional photographer, Jeff Carter, has created a video during a Bass Rock landing trip and we are calling on school groups, classes or individual pupils to create commentary to accompany the footage.
- Dunbar-based professional photographer, Jeff Carter from Maclean Photographic, who has over 20-years’ experience and is an official Fujifilm photographer
- STV's Kaye Nicolson, who knows what it takes to create commentary that will make people listen
- Education Officer, Andrew, who will be looking for great gannet and Bass Rock facts
Andrew and Kaye will visit the selected school to help create a sound recording. This will be supplied to Jeff who will merge this with the film footage.
The winning class will be invited to the Scottish Seabird Centre for a FREE school trip and premier of the finished video.
The video will be shared on the Scottish Seabird Centre's social media platforms as well as with press.
FREE transport to the Seabird Centre has been kindly provided by Prentice Coaches.
How to enter
- The competition is open to P5 - P7 pupils from the Lothians (West, East and Mid), Borders and Fife
- It can be a class, group or individual pupil
- Create a script to match the footage
- Supply this as a word document or MP3 file
- Complete the application form and post or email it to us
- The deadline for entries is Friday 22 December