The Scottish Seabird Centre is a conservation and education charity dedicated to inspiring people to care for wildlife and the natural environment. We are a non-profit making visitor attraction: income is invested in our charitable work undertaken by our committed team of staff and volunteers.
To inspire people to appreciate and care for wildlife and the natural environment in a fun, interactive, informative and sustainable way.
• Inspire people of all ages, backgrounds and interests to positively engage with wildlife, the environment and conservation
• Help to revitalise the North Berwick harbour area and to rejuvenate the town as a tourist destination
• Provide a valued and respected community asset
• Encourage debate and action on vital wildlife and conservation issues.
• Provide a great day out for all ages, come rain or shine, for locals and tourists alike (we are open every day except Christmas Day and have 5 star VisitScotland rating and a GTBS Gold Star award)
• Work in partnership with other tourism, wildlife and conservation organisations at local, national and international levels
• Work in partnership with local organisations and businesses to benefit our local community - socially, economically and environmentally
• Lobby, campaign and encourage debate on environmental issues
• Provide all-inclusive education and events programmes
• Be an international leader in quality, sustainable wildlife tourism
• Provide an outstanding place to work and volunteer.
How can you support the work we do?
Visit us, attend an event, become a member, take a boat trip, buy in our gift shop, eat in our café, volunteer or even come and work for us. There’s lots of ways you can join and support our vision.